Natural Instinct Wild Venison raw cat food was the only observed common factor among all five households with tuberculosis-infected cats.
At least six cats, five of whom are now dead, may have contracted tuberculosis after eating frozen, raw pet food sold in the United Kingdom. Another seven cats were exposed to pathogens. Scientists found evidence that Mycobacterium bovis, bacteria that causes tuberculosis in animals and humans, may have contaminated Britain-based Natural Instinct’s Wild Venison formulation raw cat food and led to the outbreak. Read more.
Wall, Tim, and Tim Wall. “Deadly Cat Tuberculosis Outbreak Tied to UK Raw Pet Food.” PetfoodIndustry.com, PetfoodIndustry.com, 24 May 2019, www.petfoodindustry.com/articles/8179-deadly-cat-tuberculosis-outbreak-tied-to-uk-raw-pet-food.